This summer's DBOA camp will be held June 3-5 at the Advantage Sports Complex (ASC) in Carrollton. The camp is being held in conjunction with PrimeTime Sports Tournaments. This will be both a combination 2-person and 3-person camp.
DBOA would like to extend an invitation to participate in 2016 DBOA Instructional Camp. If you are interested in participating in this year's DBOA camp, you can register by simply clicking the link below. Registration will remain open from May 5th until COB Wednesday, May 25th.
THIS IS FOR TRANSFERRING OFFICIALS AND/OR OFFICIALS WITH 1-5 YEARS OF OFFICIATING EXPERIENCE. PLEASE CONTACT JOHN FULLILOVE AT email@example.com (214-675-5077) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CAMP FOR JUNE
FOR OFFICIALS THAT ARE NEW TO OFFICIATING THIS CAMP IS NOT FOR YOU, DBOA WILL NOTIFY ALL NEWLY REGISTERED OFFICIALS IN AUGUST ABOUT TRAINING THAT IS DIRECTED TOWARD WELCOMING YOU TO THE CHAPTER AND TRAINING.
Logistics for the DBOA Camp:
- Dates: June 3-5, 2016 - Classroom only Friday night, June 3rd starting at 7pm.
- Location: Advantage Sports Complex, 2800 North I-35E, Carrollton, Texas 75007
- Cost: $67.19 via PayPal (includes a $2.19 PayPal fee).
- Staff: Collection of NCAA, and State Finals High School Officials from Various Chapters
- Takeaways: Written/Video evaluations for all games (PLEASE NOTE: Tape Breakdown IS REQUIRED after each and every game!)
- Giveaways: DBOA Camp Shirt
- Number of Games: 4 maximum (2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday)
I've also provided each of you with answers to some questions you may have below: :
Question: What is the purpose of the DBOA Officiating Camps this Year?
- The 2-Person Camp will be geared towards our younger DBOA officials (0-5 years). The focus will be on the use of proper mechanics in the 2-Person system and getting to the right spot to make the right call, strong use of officiating signals, and overall court presence.
- The 3-Person Camp is geared towards our more seasoned officials that are either trying to improve their 3-person game or perhaps learn it for the first time. There will be a heavy emphasis on learning where to be in the 3-Person "system" and demonstrating strong court presence.
Question: What qualifications should I be bringing to the table if I choose to attend?
Answer: New officials with experience are encouraged to attend the 2 person camp. If you are a transferring officials with 5 or more years of experience I encourage you to enroll into the 3-person camp.
Question: Can I participate in the camp and also work games after I finish my assignments?
Answer: No. It is expected that you will be in Orientation/Classroom on Friday evening and work 2 games on Saturday, and 2 game on Sunday. After each assigned games, TAPE BREAKDOWN IS MANDATORY. There will be NO exceptions, especially to go "work other games". It is expected that you will bring your best to each and every game.
Question: Why $65?
Answer: We will be assembling a very solid staff of clinicians, which is a good thing. As is such, I need to pay them. In addition, I'd like to also give both the staff AND the campers a nice camp shirt.
Question: Is This the Only Camp DBOA will offer this summer?
Answer: YES. We have already held a Top Gun Select Camp the weekend of April 15th that was a resounding success.
I truly hope that you take the opportunity to come out and participate in this year's DBOA Camps........or just get to a camp to improve your craft. For those of you that know me, you know I am passionate about our craft and I am all about EVERYONE getting better................at least those that think they have room to grow.
I hope to see you soon.
2800 N Interstate 35E
Carrollton, TX 75007
Google map and directions