Division I, II, III officials, I am pleased to announce our first DBOA camp of the 2015 post season. Our first “Top Gun Select” officials camp (targeted for our veteran DBOA officials) will be held in conjunction with the Adidas Showcase April 10-12 2015 at the Bobby Knight Field House. The play will feature age 14-17 elite AAU boys teams from across the nation. We will be using this camp as a qualifier for our 2015-2016 state & regional boys/girls crews. It also serves as an early opportunity for some members to improve their proficiency.
We will only be taking the first 50 camp applicants so sign up ASAP. If you plan to attend, please follow the steps below:
1. Send a short response email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to attend.
2. I will send you a confirmation email and then forward you additional registration & payment information within 48 hours.
3. You are expected to return registration paperwork and monies back prior to camp. All monies and registration paperwork must be received & completed no later than April 3rd, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Those who fail to meet the registration & payment deadline will be replaced with another official off our waiting list (we will have a waiting list of no more than 10 names in addition to the first 50 approved campers).
5. As soon as we have 50 attendees signed up and approved, I will send official notification to all DBOA Division I-III members. Note: I will build a waiting list of no more than 10 names based on email date received.
Additional camp logistics information is noted below:
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 3rd or when we have all 50 approved campers set.
Camp Dates: April 10-12, Classroom Friday evening April 10, Games April 11 & 12
Location: Bobby Knight Field House, Duncanville, Texas
Who is Eligible to Attend: DBOA Division I-III members in good standing. This includes those members that will transition from Division IV to Division III for the 2015-2016 season.
Expectations (# of games/day): 1-2 games max. each day
Expectations (Classroom): We will have classroom Friday evening and end of day, close video breakdown discussions each day, Saturday & Sunday.
Expectations of campers:
- Able to accept constructive, candid game evaluations
- There will be written evaluations given each game
- There will be video breakdown sessions each game (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Physically prepared to keep up with the pace and level of play
- You Must Know the Rules & Be Ready to Apply Them Appropriately
- YOU MUST AVAIL YOURSELF FOR THE ENTIRE CAMP SESSION. We will not be working around rec league schedules or work schedules. We need you plugged in!
Camp Staff evaluators: Camp staff will be comprised of select NCAA (primarily from outside the chapter) and a few select DBOA High School officials.
DISCLAIMER: we plan on taking the first 50 emailing applicants, however, we reserve the right to reject any applicants that we feel are not ready to participate with the level of play.
I look forward to seeing you this offseason as we prepare for an even better year in 2015-2016! There will be two additional camps planned for 2Q/3Q. They are:
DBOA 2 person Camp Targeted for Division IV & V officials: late May/June Timeframe (dates TBD)
DBOA 3 person Camp Targeted for Officials that plan to work games using 3-person mechanics: June (dates TBD).
DBOA Vice President
Chair, Official Education & Development